- Remote working/Central London office
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Notice period
- Posted By:
- Claire Blasi
My client, an international professional services company is looking for a Content Writer.
You will mainly be writing and reviewing content for creative team materials, in a range of subjects and media, using plain language techniques. You will need to develop good relationships with business colleagues to receive and understand briefs, and in turn, work closely with designers to bring ideas to life. (Part of your role will involve checking and marking up edits to artwork.) You should bring an awareness of diversity / inclusion / accessibility issue to help ensure we meet appropriate standards in those areas.
· You will be receiving, understanding and interpreting briefs; querying any gaps in information supplied.
· Creating drafts for all projects allocated.
· You will be applying plain language techniques to copy, while respecting individual client tone of voice and applying judgement where there may be reason to compromise.
· Managing content across complex campaigns involving multiple versions across different audiences.
· Reviewing and incorporating comments received on drafts from lead communication consultant, technical team and third parties (that is, clients and where necessary, lawyers and other stakeholders).
· You will be owning certain subject areas or processes as needed to increase efficiency and easily onboard new colleagues.
To be considered you must have:
· Five years’ experience in communications specifically the fundamentals of copywriting, including use of plain English, drafting to client requirements as well as editing / proof reading with creativity in mind.
· Experience in drafting / checking complex projects involving multiple stages / versions of materials.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and within tight timeframe.
· Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to forge working relationships and function successfully in a collaborative team.
· Thorough working knowledge of MS Word.
· Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Reader (essential to mark-up and annotate in PDF format).
It is preferable (but not essential) that you also have:
· Experience of financial / business writing.
· Working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
· Working knowledge / experience of conditionality / variability / data templates across personalised or specific communications.
· Adaptability and Resilience
· Behavioral Knowledge
· Personal Impact
· Problem Solving
· Seeks and Shares Knowledge
Please contact me if you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. firstname.lastname@example.org
*Due to the high volume of responses, if you have not received an email in 48 hours please take it that you have unfortunately not been successful.
Aquent is dedicated to improving inclusivity & is proudly an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from under-represented groups & are committed to providing support to applicants with disabilities. We aim to provide reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, to those with a medical condition, disability or neurodivergence.